Address: Eastham Rake, Eastham, CH62 9AN
Contact Telephone: 0151 327 4348
Eastham Day Centre provides a variety of activities for the people we support including:
- Volunteering work at Eastham Woods every Tuesday, supervised by a park ranger
- Target games
- Table Tennis
- Bowling inhouse and at Bromborough Bowl*
- Arts and Crafts
- Pamper sessions
- Literacy & Numeracy (Book bags for PMLD, which is a story with objects that are used to help tell the story as a sensory experience.)
- Sing and sign using Makaton
- Daily exercises including chair thai chi, Mr Motivator, Joe Wicks etc
- Football for PMLD
- Sensory arts and crafts
- Local community walks
- Cookery* every Friday where the people we support prepare their own meals
- Independent living skills such as learning to use washing machine, dryer, maiden, iron clothes, dishes etc.
- Personal care/ hygiene improvement
- Health and wellbeing programme which involves NHS professionals
- Music Therapy
- Use of technology such as Tablets and Smart TV’s to enhance the current activity programme
- Money management
- Narrow boat Trips
- Chester Zoo trips
*Some activities are at a small additional cost
To see the impact of the work we do helping the people we support develop their skills and confidence, please visit our Case Studiespage.
Activity Schedule & Visual Menu
Please see attached activity timetable to see our planned activities for Summer 2023, and our July Visual menu by clicking the boxes below
Volunteering at Arrowe Park
Two people we support volunteered at Arrowe Park Hospital, helping gather information for research. This included staff surveys and patients discharge letters.
The Owl Man came to visit us with three of his owls. The people we support thoroughly enjoyed the experience and loved having their pictures taken with them.
Canal Boat Trip
The people we support enjoyed a canal boat trip.
A big thank you to Jacky Griffiths and all at the Hobbies Room, and people we support and staff for all their hard work planting the flowers around the gardens. Also, thank you to Folly Fields Garden centre for being so hospitable to the people we support.
We are sad to be losing one of our service coordinators Marta Karbowska. She is leaving to go to a new job, and we wish her all the best for the future.
- Some of the people we support attended a tea party at Hamilton Square organised by Wirral Mencap.
- One of the people we support has completed her Food Hygiene Certificate. This will enable her to be supported to work in our kitchen.
- We made Father’s Day Cards.
- We celebrated World Wellbeing Week on the 29th
- We celebrated Autism Awareness Week around Sports and Creativity.
- We have been displaying our recent work from our pottery sessions.
- We will be celebrating American Independence Day on 4th
- We have some fun activities planned around World Emoji Day.
- People we support will be attending a golf open day at Hoylake.
Stars of the Month
- Acknowledgement to Nigel Mapito who is a 1-1 for one of our people we support. Feedback from his Mum is that’s she has seen a difference in his behaviours at home. She feels this is the due to the support from Nigel and staff at Eastham with their continuing support.
- PB joined an interview panel to help the NHS recruit a new Speech and Language Therapist. With support from staff at Eastham, he was able to confidently take part and has been asked to join future interview panels. He is very proud of his achievement and so are we!