Wirral Evolutions provides innovative day care support and daytime opportunities to enhance the life and social skills of adults with disabilities across the region – our motto is ‘one life, let’s live it!’. We are part of Wirral Council.
There has never been a more exciting time to join Wirral Council. We’ve got ambitious targets to meet and to achieve everything we have promised to our residents, we need people who are ready to deliver the very best for our communities and show how they can #BeTheDifference. Our vision is to secure the best possible future for our residents, defined by the community prosperity we create and supported by our excellent people and services. If you strive to #BeTheDifference and want to be at the heart of our change and improvement journey, then this could be the perfect job for you.
When applying for vacancies with us, please first read our Job Application Guidance.
12 months Fixed Term (covering maternity leave)
Full Time 36 Hours
£33,945 – 36,648 (Band H)
Wirral Evolutions provide innovative day care support and daytime opportunities to enhance the life and social skills of adults with disabilities across the region our motto is one life, let’s live it! To find out more about we do, visit our website www.wirralevolutions.org
About the Role:
Our hubs are unique services for adults with learning, physical disabilities, and people with complex health needs from across Wirral. The service supports individuals to participate in a wide range of sports, hobbies and social activities which are building, and community based. The shared focus is to provide supported personalised activities or sensory experiences for clients to fulfil their desired outcomes.
This first line management post has become available at our Heswall Day Centre to cover maternity leave for up 12 months (fixed term contract).
About the candidate:
We would love to hear from you if you have an understanding of line management responsibilities and experience with supporting people on the front line with complex range of learning disabilities. A comprehensive induction programme would be provided into Wirral Council and the day care centre, which is part of the Wirral Evolutions service.
Reporting to a Day Care Manager, you will join a vibrant and motivated team who will contribute to providing high quality care and support on a daily basis (Monday to Friday) whilst supervising care staff on a day to day basis to ensure all operational needs of the service are met.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who is caring, dedicated, passionate and who strive to provide an excellent level of care. Through a wide variety of activities, you and your team will support people to engage and maximise their potential to achieve their outcomes.
- Pleasant working conditions
- Employer contribution to pension
- Sickness payment scheme
- Up to 28 days per year annual paid holiday (pro rata if applicable) 8 Bank Holidays per year (pro rata if applicable).
- Annual pay review
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Induction programme and ongoing learning and development to meet mandatory training requirements.
- Blue Light Card discount service for health care, social care, and emergency services workers Opportunities for career progression within a large diverse public sector organisation.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 12th March 2024.
Shortlisting will take place on 13th and 14th March 2024.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 21st March 2024.
To access the Job Descriptions and Application Form, please click on Wirral Council’s jobs page link
Please DO NOT send application forms to Wirral Evolutions, you must follow the instructions on the Wirral Council website job page.
Hints and Tips for Completing Application Form – Important Please Read
- Remember to explain in your application form under the heading Supported Information, how you meet each of the essential criteria.
- The essential criteria can be found in the job description under the heading ‘Role Specific Knowledge, Experience and Skills’
- Provide as much information as possible to support your application by explaining why your knowledge, experience and skills are relevant, even if they have not been gained in the social care sector.
- Provide as much information as possible by outlining the various duties and roles you have carried out.
- Examples are a great way of showing what knowledge, skills and experience you have to do the job, whether that be from previous roles or from personal experience.