Making It Real
A framework for people to have more choice and control so they can live full and independent lives.
Wirral Evolutions has got the chance to be an early adopter for the new Making it Real framework. The aim of this framework is for people to have more choice and control so they can live full and independent lives.
You can watch a video about Making it Real featuring our Operational Change Manager HERE
What We Will Do To Make It Real
- We will use a simple process to rank each of the I and We statements against our current practice.
- We will produce tailored information materials in the form of the I statements around the six key themes which will be written on cards.
- People who are supported by Wirral Evolutions, family and carers will be asked to voluntarily take part. They will be asked to participate in focus groups and others will be supported by self-advocates from Together All Are Able.
- The manager of the centre will also hold a separate session for a small group of staff to identify priorities using the We statements.
- The right balance between the numbers of people will be considered and, as before, two professionals, with a key role identified as ‘inclusion’, will facilitate the people and parent/carer groups. This could also help to ensure people are encouraged to have their say if they are not confident communicators or communicate in ways other than speaking.
You can find us on the Making it Real Directory HERE